Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship (EPGDSE)
Program designed for Social entrepreneurs, CSR professionals, Corporate executives, Non-Profit professionals, CSR Consultants & Practitioners, Government Officials, Policy makers and Academicians
- Open for the graduates of any discipline with minimum 55% score
- Candidates must have at least three years of work experience
- Number of modules: 4
- Program duration: 18 Months
- Total Intake: 30
- Program Fee: 3,00,000 INR*
- *Partial Scholarships available to limited applicants based on their merit and eligibility
- Launch: June 2020
Overview of the program
There has been a rapid growth in the field of Social Entrepreneurship in recent years. Entrepreneurs are amalgamating the knowledge of business management and passion of creating sustainable solutions for the problems related to the society, environment, and more.
The need is to develop fresh perspectives which are contextually relevant and also capable to deliver needed services. Also, the need of trained professionals who are capable of effective leadership has risen more than ever. We require professionals who are able to design models that can ensure ensuring sustainability of economic and inclusive growth.
Considering this, BVIC along with the Centre for Social Entrepreneurship of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai is initiating an Executive Program in Social Entrepreneurship.
Objectives of the program
To provide opportunities to working professionals from various sectors and organizations to learn the insights of Social Entrepreneurship
To be a platform for the participants to learn from each other, and,
To create an ecosystem to support a sustainable social venture creation process that can have a lasting social and environmental impact
- The program is open for the graduates of any discipline – Literature, Arts, Science, Engineering and Technology, Computer Science, Economics, Commerce, and Management.
- The candidates must have at least three years of work experience in the Corporate, Government or Non-Governmental Organizations.
- The selection will be based on the minimum educational qualification, working experience, statement of the purpose and result of the entrance test.
|Module||Course Code||Title||Credits||Total Credits|
|1||EPGDSE01||Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship||2||8|
|EPGDSE03||Social Sector Perspectives and Interventions||2|
|EPGDSE04||Sustainable Development and Social Ventures||2|
|EPGDSE06||Basic Accounting and Costing||2|
|III||EPGDSE09||Venture Planning for Impact||2||8|
|EPGDSE10||Financial Management and Fundraising||2|
|EPGDSE11||Organization Design and Human Resource Management||2|
|EPGDSE12||Management of Technology||2|
|EPGDSE14||Ethics and Governance||2|
|EPGDSE15||Developing Business Plans||2|
Screening of applications and Statement of Purpose, and Proficiency in English language will be ensured while screening the applications
b) Field Based Learning
Process Focus – experiences from the practitioners; self, reflective and participative discussions
Specific teaching method would depend on the types of courses and the teaching strategy-fit designed by the respective faculty.
Medium of Delivery
- Class Tests